Monday 26 April 2010

It is just part of being Mum!!

I have never quite understood parents that constantly moan about their children, about doing the simplest of things for them, talking about them as though they are nothing but an inconvenience.
There is one person in particular on my Facebook friends list who's regular updates moaning about her child really irritate me. The best part of the things she moans about, I consider to be normal for a child.
Don't get me wrong, my children can push me to the limit some days to the point that when they go to bed I take a sigh of relief but I always end up looking back on the day, picking out the nice parts and thinking about what my children have achieved that day. It always makes me smile.

Having a child with cerebral palsy, I get a lot of comments from people telling me I am doing such a good job, they don't know how I cope and they honestly believe I must need a break. I don't think personally that it is any more difficult being a parent to a child with additional needs than it was being a parent to 2 children without. If anything, it makes me appreciate all 3 of my children even more than I thought possible. Yes, there are extra things I need to do with my youngest son and yes, he may need a lot more supervision but to me that is not a problem, it is making sure my child, regardless of what his needs are, gets what he needs.

I am not a perfect parent, I have my off days but I wouldn't swap my children for anything, they are my life, my future. One of my favourite songs is 'Greatest Love Of All', me favourite line being 'I believe the children are the future'.

All children have needs, it is a parents job to look at them and think 'right, lets get on with it'.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment