Friday 12 March 2010

Building fun

For Christmas, my mum asked me what my boyfriends little girl would like for Christmas and so with a little searching, I found these building animal blocks for sale at www.areafive.co.uk . As she and my son are both really interested in animals, I figured they were an ideal starting point to piecing things together.
Photo169
Archie takes a great interest in anything he can put together or build and really enjoys toys such as jigsaw puzzles and building blocks.
This afternoon, Archie has been in a fantastic mood and he spent half an hour on the floor putting together these animal blocks.
Photo172
Whilst watching Archie building and talking to him about what he was doing, I realised that these blocks actually offer much more than just building. I found myself talking to him about colours, animal noises (great for getting him to copy noises and promoting his sounds) different shapes and numbers of blocks that needed to be put together for each animal.
A fantastic product that offers much more than you first think.
Photo173
Archie admiring his work! x
Photo174

No comments:

Post a Comment