Friday 12 March 2010

Something Special

Something Special aka Mr Tumble is one of my youngest sons favourite programs. He would watch it from morning until bedtime if I let him.
He will be three at the end of May and due to his cerebral palsy, he is still unable to talk. He says a few words and can make most sounds with a lot of encouragement. Despite this he is a very proficient signer (we use MakatSomething Specialon) and I find myself now having to ask him what some signs are. I know the basics and ones that get us through most daily activities yet he still knows more than me and that is all down to watching Something Special.
When my older two children were younger, I didn’t even entertain the program, however, I now find it to be one of the best children’s programs about and it has helped me and my family enormously.
I would urge any parent to encourage children to watch it, with or without special needs as they are bound to come across a time when it could help them to communicate with someone like my son who wants to talk to everyone he meets. x

No comments:

Post a Comment