Tuesday 23 August 2011

Back to reality!

With my children at their dads for more than 2 days in a row for the first time in 2 years, I was dreading this past weekend. I always miss them terribly when they are not with me. Luckily for me though, I have an extremely awesome boyfriend who quite willingly took it upon himself to look after me for a couple of days. We spent two whole days, pottering around, a bit of shopping, a bit of cooking and seeing some fantastic friends. I have to say, I think I feel more refreshed after the last couple of days than what I did after my last holiday. Still, it felt great to pick my little ones up this morning and get to spend some time with them. To see them smile when they saw me was fabulous.

It was nice to sit back and realise tonight that I really am lucky to have so many amazing people around me.

Reality for me may not be the conventional perfect but the people in my life are! That is what matters and that fact makes me smile a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment