Friday 9 September 2011

He's growing up... Eeek!

Yesterday was my youngest son's first day at primary school. The week leading up to this day, I felt sick, had butterflies in my stomach, was extremely lacking in sleep and in the brink of crying every time I thought about it.
Needless to say, he was absolutely fine, the school seemed relaxed too considering his additional needs and on the day, this made the world of difference.
I clock watched all day and couldn't wait to give him a huge squeezy cuddle when I picked him up. I felt much better when I took him thus morning and he was very eager to go in, even telling his brother that he didn't want to be late.
I know school is going to be fantastic for him and am so proud of everything he has achieved up to now.
I'm secretly looking forward to next week so that I can get on top of the housework!

No comments:

Post a Comment