Tuesday 25 October 2011

School Parents Evenings!

Last week came the time that many parents dread, visiting teachers to find out how your child is getting on at school. I never feel like this, I have been visiting the same school for the last 6 years and have never had a bad word said (surprisingly I must say. I love my children but do know they aren't always angels).
As always, the teachers tell me that my eldest two children Georgia and Luke were doing brilliantly in class and are always sensible and well behaved (it's such a lovely feeling to know that they may be handfuls at home but they know how to behave the rest of the time).
Archie on the other hand (his first parents evening), my little blue eyed darling seems to be making up for lost time with the naughtiness. He's been messing around at carpet time when he should be listening and disturbing other children, dive bombing on his physio equipment and generally being silly at times he should be sensible. In a lot of ways, I wasn't surprised to hear this, he's extremely bright but at the minute he seems to be using his intelligence to find out how many buttons he can push. He's had the advantage of so many people around him being soft on him because of his mobility needs that he now knows he can get away with a lot more than anyone else. This soft approach really hasn't done him any good.
I've asked his teacher to make sure all the staff take a firmer stance with him and I am going to ensure he gets the same at home.
Fingers crossed that by his next parents evening, his behaviour is under control.

Hearing the teacher tell me his antics has really quite bothered me, no one likes to think that their child is misbehaving.

It's going to be somewhat a challenge to make sure everyone around Archie knows not to give him special treatment but that is what I intend to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment